Saturday, January 10, 2009

FaceBookin' It!

Well, I am no longer a FaceBook virgin. Thanks to Rachel. (I seem to have a lot of things to thank Rachel for). And if she would unlock her blog I would link to her.

FaceBook is a very interesting sort of beast. It rather reminds me of being in the locker room at the gym. The very full locker room. The very full co-ed locker room.

I mean, there you are just minding your own business, soaping up, scrubbing away, and you feel a sudden Tap! Tap! "Hey, can I borrow your shampoo?" (Translate: Hey, wanna be my friend?).
You are either elated that you know this person, and you don't mind them seeing you in all of your naked glory (translate: seeing your full profile/pix/status), or you scramble guiltily for an excuse as to why they cannot borrow your shampoo (or whatever else they asked to borrow; use your imagination, or not). (Translate: press "Decline") That, thankfully is where my simile ends. It is such a personal and invasive mode of communication, but I guess only to the point you allow it to be.

I am still scared of it. (Translate: walking to the shower with a very large towel on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment